Pest Spotlight: What You Need To Know About House Mice In Aiken
November 30, 2022
Many people seek professional pest control in Aiken to get rid of mice. Unfortunately, the common house mouse is quite common here, and left to its own devices, a mouse infestation can quickly grow into something quite out of control. Not only can they cause a lot of damage to your physical property, but they can also spread terrible diseases that can severely harm you, your family, and your pets. Read on to learn more about these pests, and how Aiken Pest Control can help your home be mouse-free today.
Signs You May Be Dealing With A Mouse Infestation
House mice leave very clear signs that they are present in your home, which is helpful in identifying the problem and potentially catching it early on. Below are some of the most common signs of mice:
- Droppings: One of the first things you will notice is mice droppings. These will be present wherever the mice are nesting, as well as around food packages they might be eating from.
- Nesting material: If you find nesting material bundled together in your attic, basement, pantry, or closets, this could be a sign that mice have invaded your home. Mice will use things like shredded paper, dried plants, and fabric to create a nest.
- Distinct odor: Mice leave behind a distinct odor that will definitely be hanging in the air if mice have infested your home. This scent is typically described as stale and foul. This scent will usually come from the areas of your home where mice are hiding.
- Signs of chewing: Mice have teeth that never stop growing. They have to constantly chew on things to wear their teeth down. If you notice there are chew marks on wood, furniture, on your storage boxes, and food packages, that is a surefire sign that mice have invaded your home.
At the first sign of a mouse infestation, give the professionals at Aiken Pest Control a call. With more than 50 years of experience, we have the tools and treatments needed to safely exterminate these pests without anyone getting bitten or falling ill. Give us a call today!
Mice Can Cause Problems In Your Home
Mouse control in Aiken is incredibly important to keeping your home and physical property intact and damage-free. Unfortunately, though they are small pests, they are capable of causing a lot of destruction, including:
- Soiling items: Once they set up shop in your home, mice will soil your physical items with urine and feces, often passing harmful diseases this way as well.
- Chewing: Because they chew constantly, they are likely to chew through your wooden furniture, storage boxes, and any precious material items you might have stored away, such as family heirlooms, important papers, and photographs. They also chew through wires.
- Creation of nesting materials: Mice will destroy all sorts of things to create nesting materials, such as your insulation, papers, and anything else they can get their paws on.
If left unchecked, mice can cause severe, irreparable damage to your home and physical items. Don’t let the problem get that far; call the experts at Aiken Pest Control for help today.
The Easiest Way To Get Rid Of Mice In Aiken
Mice can breed year-round and typically produce 5 to 10 litters a year, with roughly six to eight babies per litter. In just three months, a family of six mice can multiply into 60. If you are looking for the best way to get rid of mice in your home, then ditch the over-the-counter methods. Home remedies to kill mice rarely work, as mice are also more intelligent than we give them credit for, meaning they will avoid your traps and bait, rendering them useless. The professionals at Aiken Pest Control arrive armed with the most advanced tools and treatments on the professional market, proven to successfully eliminate mice from homes.
Natural Ways To Keep Mice Away From Your Home
The team at Aiken Pest Control will work with you to implement natural prevention strategies to keep the mice out of your home for good. We pride ourselves on providing superior pest control services that are fully guaranteed, affordable, and convenient for you. You shouldn’t have to settle for living with mice; give us a call to be on your way to a mouse-free home today!