Say Goodbye To Bed Bugs: The Most Effective Treatment For Your North Augusta Home
September 10, 2023
If you've been wanting to learn more about bed bug removal, then you've come to the right place. Bed bugs keep North Augusta pest control companies busy since these insects can easily move around towns and even across state and national borders with ease.
True to their name, bed bugs can embed themselves in mattresses, sheets, and other textiles for the purpose of feeding on us as we sleep. They are some of the toughest pests to beat, but with the help of a professional pest control company, you can go back to sleeping easy. Here's what you need to know.
Identifying Bed Bugs: Signs And Symptoms Of An Infestation
For any pest control situation, it's important to identify the type of pest you're dealing with. If you're still unsure after considering the common bed bug signs we're about to go over, you can definitely ask a local pest control company for help with identifying the problem. But knowledge is power, and if you know the signs of bed bugs, you can stay vigilant against future infestations.
Here they are, common signs and symptoms of a residential bed bug infestation:
- Shed bed bug skins. These are usually lighter in color than bed bugs themselves, and they can be found in corners, on clothing, and in furniture where bed bugs like to hide.
- Droppings, especially on mattresses, outlets, and baseboards. These usually look like dark spots.
- Dark areas on ceilings and corners that look like mold. These are actually droppings, eggs, and skins of bed bugs.
- Red and itchy bites on your skin are generally found in a line or cluster. These bites are usually sustained at night.
If you've had even the smallest hint that there might be bed bugs in your home, look for other signs. If you notice multiple of the signs we've mentioned here, there is a very good chance your home currently has a bed bug infestation, and these infestations can easily lead to a number of problems.
Bed Bug Infestations: The Problems These Pests Cause
To be clear, a bed bug infestation is no laughing matter. Anyone who's experienced an infestation knows just how awful these pests can be. Most notably, bed bugs cause problems for you and everyone else in your home. While bed bugs need help to travel over large distances, within the same building, they can effectively move throughout, meaning an infestation can quickly affect an entire building.
While bed bug bites are generally harmless (albeit annoying), some individuals may experience an allergic reaction to these bites, and these reactions can be dangerous. And let's not forget that bed bugs can also prevent you from getting a good night's sleep. That may sound like a minor inconvenience but over a period of days, weeks, or even months, not being able to sleep the whole night through can cause fatigue and frustration.
But you can prevent all of this by working with the pros.
Don't Let Bed Bugs Take Over Your Home: Call Us Right Away!
Professional bed bug treatment can keep your home clean and safe. Pest control companies have advanced training and equipment that lets them seek out and remove bed bugs with great efficiency. Pest control services can also provide regular inspections for your home to be sure that there isn't a new infestation developing. But even after successful pest control, bed bug prevention remains important.
Long-Term Bed Bug Prevention: Tips To Prevent Reinfestation
Before we close out the article, we would like to share some key tips on the topic of how to prevent bed bugs:
- Use door sweeps to make it harder for bed bugs to enter your home from underneath doors.
- When bringing furniture, textiles, or old boxes into your home, check them thoroughly for insects.
- Keep your home clean so that bed bugs will have fewer places to hide.
- Vacuum on a regular basis and clean linens often.
If you're interested in learning more about our bed bug services, contact us by phone or through our website.