The Easiest Way To Deter Crickets In Aiken
September 7, 2022
If you've been hearing an incessant chirping noise at night, there's a good chance you have crickets invading your home. Cricket infestations in Aiken are common, and while they may not seem like a big deal, they can be a nuisance and a real pain to get rid of. Aiken Pest Control will discuss the signs of a cricket infestation, how to deter them, and how to keep them out for good!
Signs Of Cricket Infestations
Here are some telltale signs that you're dealing with a cricket infestation in your home:
- You hear chirping noises coming from inside your walls or in other hidden areas of your home. This is the most common indicator of a cricket problem.
- You find cricket droppings in cupboards, drawers, or on countertops. These look like small, dark stains.
- You see small holes in your walls or baseboards where crickets have chewed through.
If you're noticing any of these signs, it's time to take action and get rid of the crickets in your home.
The Reason For The Loud Chirping
Crickets chirp to attract mates and to establish their territory. If you're hearing a lot of chirping, it's likely because there are a lot of crickets in your home. Unfortunately, once they start chirping, it can be hard to get them to stop.
Crickets will also chirp in response to loud noises or vibrations. This means that if you have an infestation, the crickets will be more active and make more noise if there are loud noises or vibrations in your home (such as from music or people talking). If you're constantly hearing cricket noise, it's likely because there is an ongoing disturbance in your home.
Ways To Deter Crickets Easily In Aiken
The best way to prevent crickets in your house is to remove the things that attract them. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Get rid of any food sources. Crickets are attracted to food, so if you have any crumbs or food scraps lying around, be sure to clean them up. You should also seal up any holes or cracks where they might be able to get into your pantry or cupboards.
- Eliminate hiding places. Because crickets like to hide in dark, humid places, if you have any cluttered areas in your home, be sure to declutter and make sure there are no hiding places for them.
- Reduce noise and vibrations. Remember that crickets are attracted to noise and vibrations, so try to reduce the amount of noise and vibrations in your home. This means turning down the music, not talking as loudly, and avoiding any other activities that might make noise or vibrations.
- Seal up entry points. Take a look around your home and see if there are any cracks or holes that crickets could use to get inside. If you find any, seal them up with caulk or another type of sealant. You should also make sure that your screens are intact and that there are no gaps or holes where they could get through.
Following these tips will help you to keep of crickets out of your house. However, if you find that you still have an infestation, it's best to call a professional pest control company like Aiken Pest Control.
The Best Way To Keep Crickets Out Of Your Home For Good
If you're looking for the best way to keep crickets out of your home for good, look no further than Aiken Pest Control. We are Aiken's experts at getting rid of all types of pests, and we will work with you to create a customized plan to get rid of crickets in your home and keep them out. We use the latest and most effective pest control methods, so you can be sure that your home will be cricket-free in no time. Contact us today to schedule a free quote.