The Easiest Way To Get Rid Of Spiders In Aiken
February 5, 2023
Spiders are commonly mistaken as a type of insect, but the more accurate description to categorize them would be arachnids. Arachnids typically have eight legs and a varying number of eyes. Spiders also have fangs that inject their prey with venom and spinnerets that produce silk for webs. Most spiders are not harmful to humans, with a few exceptions like the brown recluse and the black widow. While one spider in your home may not be a concern, multiple spiders can mean a serious issue is occurring in your home without your notice. For complete removal of spiders and reliable pest control in Aiken, contact the experts at Aiken Pest Control.
Habits And Behaviors Of Common Spiders
South Carolina is home to many kinds of spiders. They feed on insects like mosquitoes, roaches, flies, and more. Having a spider in your yard or garden is beneficial as a natural pest control measure, but finding a spider infestation in your home is unusual unless there's a deeper issue. The most common types of spiders found in Aiken are:
- Jumping spiders: This type of spider is one of the only spiders active during the day. They prefer sunshine and use their jumping ability to catch their prey. It is rare, but they can bite humans.
- Orb weaver spiders: Orb weavers build large webs to catch a host of insects. Female spiders spend their year-long lifespan building webs, while male orb weavers search for a mate.
- Black widow spiders: Black widow spiders spin their webs closer to the ground. Their webs are more irregular and span less than a foot in diameter. Bites can happen accidentally and should be kept under observation.
- Brown recluse spiders: These spiders can be quite mysterious. Brown recluses stick to warm, dry, and dark places in and around your home. Be careful placing hands or feet into dark areas where a brown recluse could hide. They bite when they feel trapped or cornered.
Spider species vary in looks which makes remembering and correctly identifying them difficult. Take proactive action when you see a spider in your home and contact Aiken Pest Control for precise spider control and removal.
Exterior Prevention Tips For Spider Control
The best thing you can do to protect against spiders in South Carolina is to examine your home for ways they could be entering and fix them. We recommend following these tips for effective spider control and prevention:
- Remove webs from inside and outside of your home. You can use a broom or a vacuum for easy removal. Be sure to dispose of the vacuum bag in a secure bin away from your home.
- Treat any tool or broom bristles used to remove the webs. This prevents spider egg sacs from hatching and adding to an infestation.
- Replace white lights around your home's exterior with yellow lights. Yellow lights are less attractive to insects, which makes your home less attractive to spiders.
- Keep trash areas free of stinky odors that attract insects to prevent spiders from picking up on insect activity around your home.
- A light that shows through gaps in windows and doors can also encourage pests to enter your home. Be mindful of small openings around your home and seal them with caulk for added security.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Spiders
The safest way to get rid of spiders from your Aiken home is with the help of a reliable pest control company. While many DIY methods involve peppermint oil, spider traps, vinegar, spider catchers, and store-bought insecticides, they don't guarantee results. At most, they help deter and repel spiders from certain areas in your home. Traps need to be checked and refreshed to catch new prey, topical treatments need to be reapplied every few days, and spider catchers are unreliable and could make things difficult. Contact Aiken Pest Control; we can safely remove spiders from your home and keep them from ever coming back.
How Do I Permanently Get Rid Of All The Spiders In My Home?
Getting rid of all the spiders in your home sounds like a job for Aiken Pest Control. We have provided surrounding areas of Aiken, South Carolina with affordable, reliable, and effective pest control services and solutions for over 50 years. No matter how big or small your pest problem may seem, contact Aiken Pest Control to lessen your concern and remove the problem pest as soon as possible.