Don't Let The Roof Rats In Aiken Ruin Your Home
September 21, 2022
If you've been hearing scratching noises in your attic, there's a good chance you have a roof rat invasion in your Aiken home. These relentless rats are notoriously hard to get rid of, and they can cause a lot of issues in your home. Aiken Pest Control will go over the signs of a roof rat infestation, how to deter them, and how professional pest control in Aiken can help you get rid of them for good.
Signs Of A Roof Rat Infestation
Roof rats are black or brown rats that are about 6 to 8 inches long, not including their tail. These types of rats got their name because they're often found in attics and roofs. They're good climbers and can squeeze through tiny spaces, which is how they get into your home in the first place.
Some common signs of a roof rat infestation in Aiken include:
- Scratching noises in your attic or walls: This is the most common sign of roof rats in your ceiling.
- Droppings: Roof rats leave behind droppings that are similar in size and shape to mouse droppings.
- Gnaw marks: Roof rats like to gnaw on wood, so if you see gnaw marks on the beams in your attic, it's a good indication that you have a problem.
- Nests: Roof rats will build nests out of insulation or other materials they find in your attic.
- Footprints or tail marks: If you see footprints or tail marks in dusty areas of your home, it may mean that you have roof rats.
If you see any of these signs, don't hesitate to call Aiken Pest Control. We will come out and inspect your home, and determine the best way to get rid of the roof rats for good.
All The Damages That Roof Rats Can Cause To Your Home
Roof rats are not only a nuisance, but they can also cause a number of other problems in your home:
- They can cause fires by chewing on electrical wires. This is one of the most dangerous problems that roof rats can cause. If they chew on electrical wires, it can create a fire hazard in your home.
- They can contaminate your food and spread diseases. Some diseases caused by rats are leptospirosis, salmonellosis, and rat-bite fever.
- They can damage your home. Roof rats will gnaw on wood and walls, and can also cause damage to insulation and ductwork.
Roof rats are one pest you do not want taking up residence in your home. To prevent the issues they can cause, it's important to take steps to deter them.
Effectively Deterring Roof Rats In Aiken
There are a few things you can do to deter roof rats from taking over your home:
- Seal up any holes or cracks around your home. This includes gaps around pipes and wires and cracks in your foundation.
- Remove any food sources that might attract them. This includes keeping your kitchen clean and free of crumbs and sealing up any food that you're storing in your pantry.
- Keep your yard clean. Roof rats like to nest in piles of debris, so it's important to keep your yard clean and free of clutter.
Taking these steps can help you get rid of rats at home. However, if you do end up with a roof rat infestation in your home, Aiken Pest Control can help.
Professional Roof Rat Control Made Easy
If you're dealing with roof rats in Aiken, don't panic; Aiken Pest Control has a team of experienced and certified professionals who can get rid of the problem for good. We will thoroughly inspect your home, identify the source of the problem, and develop a plan to get rid of the rats. We also offer ongoing services to prevent future infestations.
If you think you have a roof rat problem, don't hesitate to call Aiken Pest Control. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Aiken or to schedule a free quote.