Aiken Pest Control received an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars from 326 reviews. Read Google Reviews
Aiken Pest Control
Coronavirus (COVID-19): A Message To Our Valued Customers
The pest control industry is considered an Essential Service, responsible for the protection of public health, food, and property. It has always played an important role in preserving the health of the general public through the reduction of disease-carrying pests, and we are committed to continuing to do our part as stewards of public health to help keep your homes and businesses pest-free while also taking steps to keep the health and well-being of both our customers and employees as a priority.
To that end, we want to share an update on our efforts to continue to help protect the welfare of you, our clients, and your property as well as that of our valued team members during the Coronavirus (COVID-19). If you have questions or concerns regarding your specific services, don’t hesitate to contact us at (803) 649-9803.
When we service your home or business:
- We will reduce unnecessary direct and/or indirect customer contact, including shaking hands.
- At NO additional cost to our customers, while the threat of COVID-19 remains high, we will enhance the exterior portions of our general pest control services by performing more concentrated exterior services and reducing our interior presence where possible.
- During this time, interior services will be by request only. Interior service will not be performed at any home or business where occupants are sick. We ask that you please be considerate of the health and well-being of our team members at this time. We thank you for your understanding.
We will continue to provide all other exterior services as we normally would. These services include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Monitoring termite baiting systems
- Installing termite baiting systems and performing traditional termite treatments
- Servicing rodent control devices as part of a rodent control program
- Providing mosquito and tick control services
- Performing roofline and foundation exclusions for wildlife
- Installing moisture barriers and foundation ventilation
What Aiken Pest Control is doing:
1. Monitoring and incorporating the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) into our current business practices.
2. Educating our team members on preventative steps that can be taken to reduce exposure to the virus including:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Staying home when sick.
- Covering coughs or sneezes, preferably with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Following CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask; the CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear facemasks to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Requiring employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4°F or greater), signs of a fever, and any other acute symptoms for at least 24 hours.
- Performing routine environmental cleaning of our office and workspaces.
What Aiken Pest is asking of you:
- Observing a 14-day period if you have traveled by cruise ship or outside the U.S. before allowing our team members to come inside your home or business.
- Notifying our office if you or any occupant of your home or business has displayed signs or symptoms of acute respiratory illness including fever (100.4°F or greater), signs of a fever, and/or any other acute symptoms; in this scenario, interior services will not be performed.
- Practicing the same preventative steps outlined above to help reduce exposure to the virus and other germs.
As the seriousness of this virus increases, all of our employees have been instructed to follow the CDC’s best practices, including frequent handwashing, limiting proximity to sick individuals, and being aware of symptoms. While this has not been an issue for us yet, we will also implement 14-day quarantines for any employees who show symptoms or are diagnosed with COVID-19. We encourage you to do the same.
We will continue to monitor the current climate and will provide additional updates should the circumstances dictate the necessity. We thank you for your understanding and commitment to the health and well-being of all during this time. Know that we greatly appreciate your business and are committed to continuing our role as stewards of not only the health of our customers and the protection of their property but also that of the health and well-being of our communities and the public at large.
Finally, our hearts go out to all those affected by Coronavirus. Please check back for regular updates from us as we navigate this evolving situation. Thank you for being a part of our Aiken Pest Control family.