January 11, 2019
Why You Should Trust the Professionals at Aiken for Cockroach Problems
Some pests have seasons in which they’re likely to invade your home, but cockroaches are pests that remain active throughout the year. The climate we enjoy in South Carolina doesn’t cause them to slow down at all. Even in the winter, cockroaches remain active in both homes and businesses. You should always be on alert for these pests. If you notice signs of their presence, secure professional pest control services right away.
What Attracts Cockroaches to Your Home or Business
Cockroaches are attracted to homes and businesses for a few reasons:
When they smell food in your home. Rotting or not, any food will attract these pests. They will eat just about anything from trash to fresh fruit.
Vegetables in the garden are also attractive to cockroaches.
If the weather becomes uncomfortable outside, too hot or too cold, they will look for ways inside.
How Cockroaches Get into Your Home or Business
Cockroaches find their way indoors in a variety of ways:
- Cockroaches' bodies are round and flat, allowing them to fit through unimaginably small holes.
- They find access through gaps in your foundation, around your air conditioner, vents, pipes, and more.
- Cockroaches are known for enjoying sewers. They may enter homes by crawling along these pipes.
- The bottom line is, cockroaches are good at finding a way inside if they want to.
Why DIY Methods Don't Work
When dealing with a cockroach infestation, it’s extremely difficult to eliminate them with DIY control methods alone. These pests are hardy!
- Cockroaches can live without food for a month, and without water for two weeks.
- They can hold their breath for 40 minutes and can also survive for a week without their heads!
- Because of their size and compact bodies, they can go undetected for long periods of time.
- They also have speed in their favor. They can scurry from one location to the next as you blink your eye.
The above characteristics can be frustrating as you try to eradicate cockroaches. It's nearly impossible to get rid of these pests on your own. The best course of action is to call a professional to handle these pests and get them out of your home or facility for good. A professional will be able to eliminate the problem as soon as possible and help you prevent any further invasions.
How Cockroaches Cause Harm
The physical appearance of cockroaches can surely make people recoil, but they have many other cringeworthy attributes. These little creatures can run through decaying matter and other sources of filth, picking up loads of bacteria and pathogens along the way. As they make their way around your home or business, they spread everything they've picked up to your kitchen countertops, food storages, and other areas of your property.
Cockroaches are known to spread more than thirty-three types of illnesses including:
- E. coli
If cockroaches get into food packaging, they can cause food poisoning for those who consume its contents. They’ve been known to cause allergic reactions and have the ability to bite. These are not pests you want in your home or business. It’s important to eliminate them as soon as possible!
How to Eliminate Cockroaches
At Aiken Pest Control, we have been eliminating cockroaches since 1967. We highly recommend our year-round plan that provides quarterly services. It has proven its success and has been rated highly by our customers.
After our free initial inspection, we customize the plan to fit your needs and work to solve all your pest problems. Our year-round protection covers 30+ pests. Contact Aiken Pest Control soon to learn more!